visit web page In 2005, the HEQC requested a number of people from different merger contexts to produce case studies on dealing with so-called "pipeline students" within their respective institutions. Each article had to deal with the following aspects:
- Admission requirements and access.
- Duplication and overlap between programmes.
- Infrastructure for academic and research programmes.
- Credits and weights.
- Student academic support.
- Postgraduate students.
- Professional bodies.
- Duration of pipeline programmes and returning / repeating students.
- Amending / reconciling divergent / different rules.
- Management information and IT systems.
- Quality assurance.
The articles were written in the period March 2005 to February 2006 and should be read within that context. A number of the articles were also presented at the HEQC's national workshop on pipeline students at the Tshwane University of Technology on 30 June 2005, and were reworked in the light of the discussions more info.
The articles have been edited and are hereby published. It is hoped that this publication will contribute towards a deeper understanding of the complex issues involved in dealing with pipeline students in merged institutions http://bandarbola.net/map.