Request for Proposals by Consultants to Develop an Institutional Audit Framework for Evaluating the Performance of Higher Learning Institutions
Council on Higher Education (CHE) in Lesotho invites proposals from suitably qualified consultants/companies to submit proposals to develop an institutional audit framework for higher education institutions. The objectives of the assignment are as follows:
- Design and develop the draft Institutional Audit Framework for evaluating the performance of public and private higher education institutions;
- Ensure that the framework is consistent with provisions of the Higher Education Act, 2004, CHE’s existing quality assurance tools and guidelines, and is comparable to similar documents developed in the international world;
- Facilitate stakeholder inputs to the audit framework;
- Facilitate external feedback on the audit framework;
- Revise, edit and facilitate formal approval of the framework.
A successful consultant must have relevant qualifications and experience in the area of quality assurance plus sound knowledge of higher education systems, especially those found in the developing world. Specifically, the consultant must have the following competences:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the issues pertaining to the provision of higher education in the developing world;
- Very good knowledge of a wide range of quality assurance systems, processes, and tools;
- Experience in setting up and using quality assurance systems, processes and tools;
- Experience in evaluating quality assurance systems and processes in higher education contexts;
- Experience in conducting programme accreditation and institutional audits in higher education contexts;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Comprehensive terms of reference for the assignment can be collected from the CHE offices in Maseru at LNDC Development House, Block D, and 6thFloor or downloaded from our website, www.che.ac.ls on or after Monday October 21st 2013. The contact number for the office is (+266) 22313503 and it is available form 0800 – 1700 hours week days (excluding lunch hours: 1245 – 1400).
Technical and financial proposals should be submitted in separate envelopes or files. You can hand deliver your proposals to the CHE offices or send by e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The closing date for submission of proposals is Monday 11th November 2013.
The proposals should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive
Council on Higher Education
P.O. Box 14046
- Avertisement for Development of an Audit Framework
- Terms of Reference for Development of an Audit Framework